Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, May 21, 2007

Psalm 25

Psalm 25:1-7 Of David.


1To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
2 in You I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
3 No one whose hope is in You will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.
4 Show me Your ways, O LORD, teach me Your paths;
5 guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long.
6 Remember, O LORD, Your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.
7 Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to Your love remember me, for You are good, O LORD.


As I was reading this passage last night in bed, I thought it would be a good one to memorize. If most of us can memorize the 23rd Psalm with no problem, we should be able to memorize any scripture passage.

I bet you know the 23rd Psalm. You know why? Because it makes sense to you. The words come easy because you understand what they are saying. That's the key to memorizing any scripture. It is not so it can be spewed from the mouth - but from the heart - back to God... all for His Glory and His divine purpose.

Will you learn a new passage this week? Even just one verse? You never know when it may come in handy!

Choosing Joy,

Stephanie

1 comment:

Rob and Becky said...

I think I am going to take you up on that challenge.
Rob