Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Saturday, May 26, 2007

Shield of FAITH

It's been a long and tiring day working out in the yard, mowing the grass and trimming bushes as well as putting down lime. I had to fix the spreader wheel that was broken. I'm getting to be a regular mechanic around here. I also removed the netting from the pond today. I'm praying that the Blue Heron doesn't eat my catfish for lunch tomorrow. It was nice that so many of you liked the Blog: Pond Scum... God is good.

Before I turn in I wanted to reflect back on Beth Moore's Shield of FAITH from her book and video series called: Believing GOD. This was the book that God placed in my hands when He was doing the amazing things in my life and in Bob's healing. I will be leading a new study beginning in June on this again. The principles are very simple - yet profound. Even Bob learned them and said them before he went with Jesus. And every one of them became real for him.

There are many scriptures that back up each one. My challenge to you is to find at least 3 for each one in your personal studies this week.

Shield of FAITH
  • 1. GOD is who He says He is!
  • 2. GOD can do what He says He can do!
  • 3. I am who God says I am [I'm His]. (brackets mine)
  • 4. I can do all things through Christ.
  • 5. God's WORD is alive and active in me.
The last one is the one that gives most people trouble. It is the very one that God taught me over and over. He showed me how important that last one is for me. You can't share what you don't know. I want to KNOW God's Word!

Deuteronomy 4: 32-35 The Lord Is God

32 Ask now about the former days, long before your time, from the day God created man on the earth; ask from one end of the heavens to the other. Has anything so great as this ever happened, or has anything like it ever been heard of? 33 Has any other people heard the voice of God speaking out of fire, as you have, and lived? 34 Has any god ever tried to take for himself one nation out of another nation, by testings, by miraculous signs and wonders, by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, or by great and awesome deeds, like all the things the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your very eyes?
35 You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.


Blessings for your Sunday... may you set apart the day for HIM and His Word.

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

"By the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain…" ~ 1 Corinthians 15:10
There is only one relationship that really matters, and that is your personal relationship with your personal Redeemer and Lord. If you maintain that at all costs, letting go of everything else, God will fulfill His purpose through your life. One individual life may be of priceless value to God's purposes, and yours may be that life. ~Oswald Chambers

No comments: