Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, June 8, 2007

A Firm Place to Stand

  • Psalm 40:1-3
    For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.


I posted this yesterday - but today it was gone - so I'll try a shorter version.

Examine the promises in this passage. You're in a "pit" covered knee deep in mud and mire and you're sinking fast. You can't move or get out . You cry out (in prayer) to God and HE TURNS to YOU... and hears your cry. And HE takes action.

Look at the pattern here...
  • PRAYER>>>>> OBEDIENCE>>>>>
  • TRUST>>>>>DELIVERANCE

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: