Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Glory of God

A few weeks ago I took a photograph of a sunset over a group of trees along the road going to my church. I had it blown up and framed where I also added this verse to the picture before it was printed:
  • Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

I went to church with my son, Jeff, and his family today. He wrote a new song entitled: Invisible God based on this passage from Romans. In the song the words Righteousness and Faithfulness kept jumping out at me as he sang.

God has shown me His glory in many different forms in recent months.... in a sunset, a quarter moon at dawn, or an orange moon at midnight. Now... I tend to gasp with great excitement when I think about the Creator and worship HIM rather than the creation itself.

Even last winter God had this thing with showing me snow. New fallen snow is a sign of God's holiness and purity and remindd me that He desires those qualities in me. Even lightening and thunder display His power. How is His power displayed in my life?

The next time that you gaze upon a rainbow, a harvest moon, a colorful sunset, or even a thunderstorm - be reminded with JOY of what this verse from Romans says: It will show you God's Invisible qualities - namely His power and His divine nature... like...
  • HIS Purity
  • HIS Holiness
  • HIS Righteousness
  • HIS Mercy
  • HIS Grace
  • HIS Faithfulness
  • HIS Salvation
  • HIS DIVINE LOVE

Then... think of how HE wants to see them displayed in your life and mine! What a challenge. Even the very skies above declare and proclaim Who He is and what He has done, how much more should we?

  • Psalm 19:1

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.

As John Soper often ends his messages..

Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the Presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. - Jude 24-25 KJV

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: