Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm Still Clay

I've been sharing with you - what God is teaching me. But many times He stops to pour a song over me to show me how much He loves me. It stops me in my tracks and makes me listen to His voice and feel the tenderness of His whisper. This is one of those songs.... one I am singing back to HIM. It's called: I am Nothing by Jeremy Camp from his CD called Beyond Measure.

Seems I’m always in this place … where the things I seem to take,
are the things I wish would fade.
I always purposed in my heart…
to do things the right way,

then I realize I’m still clay.
In this piece that’s being shaped…
will be a beauty You create.

chorus
I am nothing without Your love. I’m unworthy but Your death has been enough. I’m completed by Your touch. But I feel like I’ve been given so much. So I thank You…. I thank YOU!

I wouldn’t even face…all the troubles of the day
if it wasn’t

for Your grace.
Sometimes I even wait…
to see if I’m awake,

seems so good, I can't relate.
Your every Word I crave…
I’m grateful for every breath I take.

When I’m feelin’ all my shame...
You won’t let it stay,

I sail away into Your love,
I’m taking every day…
to give my life away.
It’s the only way I know.

I am nothing…
You are Everything!
So I thank You.
I thank You…..Lord, I thank You.

He's my Potter - my Redeemer - my Faithful Friend!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: