Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Sunday, July 8, 2007

Pick a Number

  • Numbers 15:37-41 Tassels on Garments

37 The LORD said to Moses, 38 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'Throughout the generations to come you are to make tassels on the corners of your garments, with a blue cord on each tassel. 39 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the LORD, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by going after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes. 40 Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your God. 41 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the LORD your God.' " [emphasis mine]

I love God's Word so much. Especially the "whole counsel of His Word" (both OT & NT)! Sometimes people ask me why I'm still wearing a three-cord string bracelet and anklet of blue cord. Quite simply, it is to remind me of these things:
  • to remember the Lord's commands
  • to obey the Lord's commands
  • to consecrate myself to God
  • to know WHO my God IS - the Eternal God of the Universe

This passage says "throughout the generations to come" - that would include me since I am an adopted seed of Abraham! It is a symbol for me - to wear these cords of blue - to remember my God and what He expects of me.


  • Numbers 6:22-27

The Priestly Blessing

22 The LORD said to Moses, 23 "Tell Aaron and his sons, 'This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them: 24 " ' "The LORD bless you and keep you; 25 the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; 26 the LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace." ' 27 "So they will put My Name on the Israelites, and I will bless them."

The book of Numbers is filled with instruction, promises and blessings from the Lord! Pick a Number - any Number - and get blessed!!!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: