Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Cooking Skills

I love being a grandmother. I am here in FL
these two weeks for the most important job of all - cooking for these two little ones (and their father). Rob would starve or be eating pizza every night and who knows what these kids would get. Since I love to cook - these pictures are precious to me. Each day I talk with Drew (the 2-year old) about Jesus. He now knows 4 Bible verses that I have taught him and we sing songs about Jesus and talk about why Mommy is in Guatemala - to tell people about Jesus!!!


I love this passage because it is such a privilege to pass on our inheritance in the LORD - to bring these little ones to saving faith in Jesus! I can't wait!!!

  • Deuteronomy 6: 4-9
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. [emphasis mine]
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie

No comments: