- Thanksgiving for their ministry
- Reflections of their past ministry
- Encouraging Report on what we are doing
- Encouragement to continue what they're doing right
- Instruction in teaching the truth (living to please God)
- HOPE - the goal of why we do what we do - and no longer do
2 Thessalonians 2:13-17
13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers loved by the Lord, because from the beginning God chose you to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.
16 May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word. [emphasis mine]
It all seems to hang on HOPE - without it we die! The "hope of our calling" - the "hope of eternal life" - the "hope that lives within us" - all by God's grace!
Praise, Honor and Glory to our God!