Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, January 7, 2008

What Do You Expect?

Psalm 5:1-3

For the director of music. For flutes. A psalm of David.

1 Give ear to my words, O LORD, [earnest plea]
consider my sighing. [desperation for God]
2 Listen to my cry for help, [hear me in my helpless estate]
my King and my God, [recognize His authority]
for to You I pray. [know His power]
3 In the morning, O LORD, You hear my voice; [By Faith]
in the morning I lay my requests before You [Pray]
and wait in expectation. [Believing]

This last verse (3) is one that I have been waking to every morning for the last two months or more. I speak it out to the LORD after greeting Him with, "Good morning, LORD..." - all before getting out of bed!

It has become so special - not done in rote - or repetition - but completely spoken with a joy filled heart - eager to see - hope for - and expect what God will do that day! Sometimes I say to Him, "What WILL You do today? I can't WAIT to see!"

It's a great way to begin this new year!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: