Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Sunday, February 17, 2008

In the Beginning... GOD


In case you need more than the title of today's devotional to inspire the AWE of our Creator - let me share further some blessed truths from God's Word.

Job 38 (selected)

The LORD Speaks


1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:
2 "Who is this that darkens My counsel

with words without knowledge?
3 Brace yourself like a man;

I will question you,
and you shall answer Me.
4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?

Tell Me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!

Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,

or who laid its cornerstone-
7 while the morning stars sang together

and all the angels shouted for joy?
12 "Have you ever given orders to the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might take the earth by the edges

and shake the wicked out of it?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?

Can you set up God's dominion over the earth?
36 Who endowed the heart with wisdom
or gave understanding to the mind? [emphasis mine]


Job 40 (selected)

1 The LORD said to Job:
2 "Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him?

Let him who accuses God answer Him!"

Job's reply to the LORD

3 Then Job answered the LORD :
4 "I am unworthy—how can I reply to You?

I put my hand over my mouth.
5 I spoke once, but I have no answer—

twice, but I will say no more."

Job 42 (selected)

1 Then Job replied to the LORD :
2 "I know that You can do all things;

no plan of Yours can be thwarted.
3 You asked, 'Who is this that obscures My counsel without knowledge?'

Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.
4 "You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak;

I will question you,
and you shall answer Me.'
5 My ears had heard of You

but now my eyes have seen You.
6 Therefore I despise myself

and repent in dust and ashes."

Deuteronomy 13: 3b-4


The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love Him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and Him you must revere. Keep His commands and obey Him; serve Him and hold fast to Him. [emphasis mine]

Let's do it with JOY undending! Praise the LORD of all Creation!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: