Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, March 10, 2008

Content at Last

As I have shared recently, God has brought me to a new place of prayer with Him that has changed everything in my life. Each time I think that I have finally arrived to this new place of prayer, He moves the peg just a little bit higher. I really fought this at first because it was out of my 'comfort zone' (especially the sleeping one). Getting up earlier to spend an hour in prayer is hard. I only committed to 10 weeks of this - but I can already see that it is a place that God is showing me is permanent. I won't be going back to my old ways - because I have followed Him into His perfect ways.

Philippians 4:4-7, 11b-13

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
11b ...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. [emphasis mine]

God gives us instructions on how, when and even where to pray. He tells us the results that will follow, and how to hear them.

In sharing all of this I have to say that today a question came up in one of my study workbooks [A Woman After God's Own Heart - by Elizabeth George] that measured how far God has brought me. She asks:

What is lacking in your life that robs you of joy and contentment?

I could honestly answer: NOTHING.......praise God, because I have finally come to the place where no matter what state I'm in, or what stage of life I'm in, or what season of life I'm in - THERE... RIGHT HERE, is where I am content. If God is THERE - then I am filled with great joy and contentment.

Aren't you glad that God chose to dwell in the hearts of His children?

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: