Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Thursday, March 6, 2008

Praying in the Heavenlies


For the last several months God has been showing me some startling and wonderful things about prayer that I never knew before. He has taken me to a deeper place of understanding of how HE works when WE pray. I know I have only scratched the surface with what God wants to reveal to me but I am open and willing to listen, learn, and grow into the kind of prayer dimension that He desires for me (and all of us) ... one that will make a difference and be affective for kingdom purposes!

Things I'm learning:

  • Prayer is most effective in the early morning because we begin our day aligned with His will and His purpose.
  • We must believe the prayers we pray and wait in expectation for God to answer them.

Psalm 5:3

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation. [emphasis mine]

  • Prayer......... Activates what God has already purposed in my life. (Psalm 139:4)

Psalm 57:2

I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills {His purpose} for me. [emphasis mine]

  • Our prayers are prayed in heavenly realms where they become affective in what God is doing.

Matthew 6:8-10

...for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.
"This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. [emphasis mine]

  • Prayer keeps our focus off "self" - and ON GOD's will! (John 7:16-18)

John 7:16-18

16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not My own. It comes from Him who sent Me. 17 If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether My teaching comes from God or whether I speak on My own. 18 He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but He who works for the honor of the One who sent Him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about Him.

  • Prayer brings JOY (John 16:23-24)

John 16:23-24

23 In that day you will no longer ask Me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in My name. 24 Until now you have not asked for anything in My name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. [emphasis mine]

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: