Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Saturday, May 17, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes



Mark 10:13-16

The Little Children and Jesus

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have Him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, He was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16 And He took the children in His arms, put His hands on them and blessed them.

It's been my pleasure to baby-sit two of my grandchildren for the last two days as their Mom and Dad had a special "date time" to celebrate their upcoming 10th year wedding anniversary. Three year old, Drew, and Tessa (21 months).

We all met up together at Sanibel Island Beach today. Drew prayed for us before me we left the house - that Jesus would help us get their safely since Mom-Mom did not know the way. It was the sweetest sincere prayer out of that little 3-year-old's mouth... and it was answered! We arrived just as Mommy and Daddy were coming back from breakfast.

I have been able to see some of my "heritage in the LORD" unfold this week. Drew has his own children's Bible that is very worn out from use. It is a fat one filled with Bible stories and pictures of all the characters of the Bible. He lives to read that each day [hum - wonder where he gets that from]. His Bible is so worn that it is taped together on the cover and many of the pages. It's called: The New BIBLE In Pictures for Little Eyes by Kenneth N. Taylor with has 383 pages. I highly recommend it for younger age children to get them started knowing God's Word - even the hard parts.

Yesterday we learned about David and Goliath. We also read about David being anointed King. Drew's Mom and Dad just started doing something new at dinnertime every night. When dinner is over - they read one story from Drew's Bible and discuss it. Each person is asked a question about what happened in the story - even Tessa - as young as she is. Then we pray together - each one praying and thanking God for something special that is on their heart. Then we sing.

After we had finished this routine tonight - Drew and Tessa wanted to show Mommy and Daddy what Mom-Mom taught them in the last two days. Mom-Mom brought her own CD with her (a favorite right now [The Patriarch's] a Beth Moore CD that goes along with her Bible study. Drew has a favorite song on it called: EVERYTHING - but he has to turn it up full blast so he and Tessa can jump with raised hands in praise to Jesus as we sing the words together. It is a sight to behold - one I will treasure forever - even if we look silly doing it together!

Here's the chorus:

I want it all .... everything You want for me Jesus
I won't give up ... til I've taken hold of everything
Let nothing, let no one take my crown
Til I stand before You ... and I lay it down,
I want everything.

It goes on to say...

Give me FAITH to BELIEVE and a heart to receive!

The words to this song are very special to me right now too! I'm glad that Drew and I can share it as a favorite! I still can't wait to see what else God is going to do in my life!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: