Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Tuesday, June 17, 2008

HIS POWERFUL HAND


Today is one of those days where God's Word just seems to have a "theme" jumping out from the pages of the breath of the Almighty. Healing is one - "let the healing begin" and the other is God's Hand on me. God always has us by the hand - He never lets go of us - not ever. He asks us to be faithful to Him and hold on to Him with a tight grip - daily.
*****************
Note: Photo Caption
The photo of the sparrow and her house was taken just this morning on my front porch. This birdhouse has been hanging there for more than 20 years now. It's a wonder the string hasn't broken by now. Every spring the sparrows come and lay 4 sets of eggs [4 families use this house] - one after the other until summer. This is Mama #2 and her babies are about to fly! It reminds me of how God cares for us - just like the sparrow!
**********************************
Psalm 17:7
Show the wonder of Your great Love,
You who save by Your Right Hand,
those who take refuge in You from their foes.
Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
[my own reflection in Your eye]
hide me in the shadow of
Your wings.

Psalm 63:7-8
Because You are my help
I sing in the shadow of Your wings;
My soul clings to You,
Your Right Hand upholds me.

Psalm 107: 30-31
30 They were glad when it grew calm,
and He guided them to their desired haven.
31 Let them give thanks to the LORD for His unfailing love
and His wonderful deeds for men. [all emphasis added]
  • Do you feel His Hand - in tender mercy over you today?
  • Do you feel His Hand - of discipline coming down hard upon you?
  • Do you feel His Hand - gently guiding your every step?
Feel the words of this song penetrate your heart as you ponder God's Hand upon your life today.
The Rock
A song by Michael Neale
[selected verses]

Your powerful Hand is upon me
To live in the light of Your Word
My fear turns to faith in the arms or Your grace
In Your love I am so secure
'Cause You are the Rock that I will stand on
You are the Hope I hold on to
You are my source of life
My source of Strength
I will build my life on You

My Rock my Fortress
Defender and Guide
My Hope my Shelter
Redeemer and Light

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[30-Days of Faith Tested]

No comments: