Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Sunday, June 29, 2008

Promises, Promises


God and His Word are so full of promises to each of us, His children. We are a Royal Priesthood set apart for His Honor, Praise and Glory. Let the Word of God speak!

Psalm 29 (selected)
A psalm of David.
1 Ascribe to the LORD, O mighty ones,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His Name;

worship the LORD in the splendor of His holiness.
4 The voice of the LORD is powerful;

the voice of the LORD is majestic.
10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
the LORD is enthroned as King forever.
11 The LORD gives strength to His people;

the LORD blesses His people with peace.

Psalm 59
16 I will sing of Your strength,
in the morning I will sing of Your love;
for You are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.
17 O my Strength, I sing praise to You;

You, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.

Psalm 89
1 I will sing of the LORD'S great love forever;
with my mouth I will make Your faithfulness known through all generations.
2 I will declare that Your love stands firm forever,

that You established Your faithfulness in heaven itself.
3 You said, "I have made a covenant with My chosen one,

I have sworn to David [your name] my servant,
4 'I will establish your line forever

and make your throne [house] firm through all generations.' "
Selah [emphasis mine]

Psalm 119
Waw [Hebrew letter]
41 May Your unfailing love come to me, O LORD,
Your salvation according to Your promise;
42 then I will answer the one who taunts me,

for I trust in Your word.
43 Do not snatch the word of truth from my mouth,

for I have put my hope in Your laws.
44 I will always obey Your law,

for ever and ever.
45 I will walk about in freedom,

for I have sought out Your precepts.

Psalm 149
1 Praise the LORD.
Sing to the LORD a new song,
His praise in the assembly of the saints.
2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;

let the people of Zion be glad in their King.
3 Let them praise His name with dancing

and make music to Him with tambourine and harp.
4 For the LORD takes delight in His people;

He crowns the humble with salvation. [emphasis mine]

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[30-Days of Faith Tested]
Worshiping in Silence

No comments: