Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Thursday, July 3, 2008

Never Let Me Let Go

For a few months now I have drawn so close to the LORD that I don't ever want that to change. I know that God will never let go of my hand (or my life) as His promises are sure.

Joshua 1:5, 9
5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." [emphasis mine]

I am not afraid of God letting go of me - I'm afraid that somewhere down the road I'll let go of Him. For about two weeks now I've been begging Him saying, "Never let me - let go of You, Lord."
Today the LORD responded to me and now it is settled! Here are the passages I came to early this morning in my study time.

Luke 10:38-42
Jesus at the home of Martha and Mary
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, He came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to Him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what He said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to Him and asked, "Lord, don't You care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed.
Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." [emphasis mine]


See both translations of the same verse below...

Psalm 27:8 [New Living Translation]
My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”

Psalm 27:8 [Amplified Bible]
You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word]. .....[as written]


Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[Trusting His Heart]

No comments: