Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Thursday, August 21, 2008

FOREVER FAITHFUL


Yesterday, the LORD led me to find my very first Bible. I knew it was somewhere in the house but I had searched for several days on my own to locate it to no avail. Finally, I asked the LORD to help me find it and within 24 hours He led me right to it! These were the first passages He showed me - dated August 26th, 1971 [when I was less than 2 years old in the LORD]. His faithfulness and truth have counseled me since the day I received Him as Savior and He wanted to remind me of that now! Only GOD!

[Side note: My original Bible has a White Cover and I had drawn a large Butterfly on the front of it with colored markers - the same markers I used to date and highlight verses on the inside. The Butterfly is now faded away from age. I believe God just gave me another Butterfly Kiss!]

Isaiah 25 KJV
1 O Lord, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy name;
for Thou hast done wonderful things;
Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
8 He will swallow up death in victory;
and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces;
and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth:
for the LORD hath spoken it.
9 And it shall be said in that day,
"Lo, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the LORD;
we have waited for Him,
we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."
10 For in this mountain shall the Hand of the LORD rest

Isaiah 26 KJV
1 In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks [walls of protection].
2 Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. 20 Come, My people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth [radical trust] in Thee. [emphasis mine]

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[I AM the BELOVED of CHRIST]

No comments: