Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SHEPHERD'S WALK Begins


Today begins the first phase of SHEPHERD'S WALK at Sweetbriar. What is that, you ask? Well - that is a very llllonnnnggg story. But the short version is:
A PRAYER WALK in the woods.
The LORD Himself has been the architect and designer as He has shown me what His plans are. This will be something that will become a Non-Profit Organization as I seek to Incorporate it as that - also under God's direction. There is a looped path with a large 1400-foot Circled Sanctuary in the back part. This morning as the contractor arrived and we went over the last minute details of the Sanctuary specs - the crescent moon shone above us and the man said to me, "Wow - it's right there in the center." I reminded him of Psalm 89 where it talks about the moon being a witness of God's covenant love for us. We waited for the other workman to arrive and I led all of us in prayer at the entrance area before the work started. I reminded them that that place is "holy ground" and that everything done there is to be done to their best ability because they are to answer to God - even before they answer to me. It was a special time to begin - even then - with PRAYER!

The LORD has taken a long and winding path to take me to this place of beginning. HE is making all things new. SHEPHERD'S WALK at Sweetbriar began with a vision from the LORD while reading and studying the 23rd Psalm. Its main basis is PSALM 23 - but there are many other Scriptures that mark its path and purpose. There will be more information to come as work progresses and the Incorporation gets underway.

Psalm 89 (selected)
1 I will sing of the LORD's great love forever;
with my mouth I will make Your faithfulness known through all generations.
2 I will declare that Your love stands firm forever,
that You established Your faithfulness in heaven itself.
3 You said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one,
I have sworn to David My servant,
4 'I will establish your line forever
and make your throne firm through all generations.' " Selah
5 The heavens praise
Your wonders, O LORD,
Your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
6 For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD ?
Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings?
7 In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared;
He is more awesome than all who surround Him.
8 O LORD God Almighty, who is like You?
You are mighty, O LORD, and Your faithfulness surrounds You.
28 I will maintain My love to him forever,
and My covenant with him will never fail.
29 I will establish his line forever,
his throne as long as the heavens endure.
35 Once for all, I have sworn by My holiness—
and I will not lie to David-
36 that his line will continue forever
and his throne endure before me like the sun;
37 it will be established forever like the moon,
the faithful witness in the sky." Selah [all emphasis added]

Psalm 23 (KJV)
1 The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. [all emphasis added]
The CIRCLE in the photo is God's Glory - as He established it in the very Sanctuary area of SHEPHERD'S WALK the day the Sanctuary was being cleared for the first time. There are 12 main trees that surround the actual Sanctuary circle area.
Choosing JOY along the path of life,
Stephanie
[Led Home by the Shepherd]

No comments: