Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, January 26, 2009

His WORD Goes Out


Isaiah 55:8-13
8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways,"
declares the LORD.
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is My Word that goes out from My mouth:
It will not return to Me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD'S renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed."

I memorized part of this passage [vs.8-11] over two years ago. I love the truth of God's Word - always going out with His purpose in mind - to achieve what He desires of it. But today... when I was reading it in my Bible - I read the last two verses of the chapter that come after this passage. The entire passage is a personal promise from God - and all of it will be done for the LORD'S renown. God is faithful and good in all His ways! I'm so glad HE IS GOD!!!

Looking Upward and Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[Flying High Without Fear]

1 comment:

SERENDIPITY4T said...

Isaiah 55:8 ... Right from the "git-go" you caught me, as that is one of my fav. scriptures..thank goodness his thoughts are not our thoughts..we do as humans think 'too small", and I am always captivated when I hear a message on just such a topic. I also want to tell you, Stephanie, what a blessing your writings are, and your enthusiasm is infectious lol.. Your blog as I see it is "fresh" and well written and I am enjoying it a "peace" (Freudian slip?)at a time... In Christ's Warm Love, Be Well and Be Joyful ! Theresa