Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, March 27, 2009

UNFOLDING GRACE

2 Corinthians 4:16 The Message
*************************

“So we’re not giving up.
How could we!
Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without His unfolding grace.”
***************
This is a passage of Scripture that the LORD keeps putting in my face over and over again. I've been passing it on to others for weeks now - but He won't let me let go of it! Someone reading this today needs to hear these words!!

DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!! God is making all things NEW - all by the power of His unfolding GRACE!

Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[In Flight]

6 comments:

Beth Herring said...

Oh, I just love that - "His unfolding grace". I needed this today! Thanks for being obedient to Him.

As always, you are a blessing to me,

In Him,
Beth

LisaShaw said...

AMEN! AMEN!

I also love this passage of Scripture in the NIV:

2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Yolanda said...

I love that HE is making new life.

I love new life!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Over the last several weeks, I find myself applying every single Scripture I come across to our political and economic situation. It DEPRESSES me so much! Literally makes me ill.
BUT. . . when I apply the Scripture to MySElf!! . . . there is hope!
God does not ask or require that we fix anything but our own heart!
AMEN for these precious words from Him Word!
Your obedience to post them = THANK YOU!
~es.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

This is one of the very first passages of scriptures I memorized while in college. It has seen me through many a difficult days, friend. Yes, we all need to hear it again and again.

On another note, you are the winner of my $15 Starbuck's gift card. Please email me your address so I can get this to you. If you don't have a Starbucks, let me know.

peace~elaine

Just Be Real said...

Stephanie, thank you for sharing this lovely story. Blessings.