Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, May 18, 2009

SATURATED



IF...............
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

**************************
Psalm 119 (selected)
14 I rejoice in following Your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on Your precepts

and consider Your ways.
16 I delight in Your decrees;

I will not neglect Your word.
g Gimel

17 Do good to Your servant, and I will live;
I will obey Your word.
18 Open my eyes that I may see

wonderful things in Your law.
31 I hold fast to Your statutes, O LORD;
do not let me be put to shame.
32 I run in the path of Your commands,

for You have set my heart free.
h He

33 Teach me, O LORD, to follow Your decrees;
then I will keep them to the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I will keep Your law

and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of Your commands,

for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward Your statutes

and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;

preserve my life according to Your word.
45 I will walk about in freedom,
for I have sought out Your precepts.
46 I will speak of Your statutes before kings

and will not be put to shame,
47 for I delight in Your commands

because I love them.
l Lamedh
89 Your word, O LORD, is eternal;
it stands firm in the heavens.
m Mem
97 Oh, how I love Your law!
I meditate on it all day long.
n Nun
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
106 I have taken an oath and confirmed it,

that I will follow Your righteous laws.
107 I have suffered much;

preserve my life, O LORD, according to Your word.
108 Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth,

and teach me Your laws.
109 Though I constantly take my life in my hands,

I will not forget Your law.

Deuteronomy 11:18-19
Fix these words of Mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. [all Scripture emphasis added]

IS TRUTH - THEN...

Those who do not believe God speaks specifically will simply ignore or explain away the times when God communicates with them. However, those who spend time each day in the profound awareness that God does speak are in a wonderful position to receive His Word.
~ Henry and Richard Blackaby

Are we SATURATED in God's Word or just ordering from the 'sampler' menu? What are our ears hearing? Profound AWARENESS or Happenstance?

May God's Holy Word SPEAK loud and clear to us today in profound awareness so that we will love it , delight in it, meditate on it, be taught by it, declare it with our families, and always obey it without reservation.

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]

11 comments:

Tammy said...

I want to be saturated in God's Word.

When I seek Him with all my heart,it is then I hear His voice.

I love how you share the Truth of God.

love and hugs~Tammy

Beth Herring said...

I desire so much for the Word of GOd to just saturate my soul! I love how you highlighted all the things that point to God.

His ways are definitely the best ways.

I, too, choose joy,
Beth

Much4Him said...

Rise up, O men(people) of God! Have done with lesser things. Give heart and mind and soul and strength. To serve the King of kings!

And in that service meditates (on the word) day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
(Psalm 1:2-3)

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Stephanie! I'm visiting from Yolanda's blog, and what a blessing yours is! Wow! I, too, desire to be saturated in His Word! I simply need to slow down and spend more time with Him...the One and Only.

I will be back to visit!!
Sweet Blessings,
Susan

Pam said...

I can tell when I am not saturated, and when I am!! This is great! I love Psalm 119!

B His Girl said...

I am soaking and profoundly aware of His nearness to me. b

Unknown said...

I always, always look forward to reading your blog. I'm disappointed when you haven't posted.

Yolanda said...

I want to be saturated, walking, breathing, exhaling GOD. Thank you Steph for this encouragement.

Today in my inbox, look at this cool quote I had:

** A miracle needs no explanation to those who believe in God; to those who don’t, no explanation is enough.


Love ya!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Some days, it's hard for me to find my balance in regards to God's Word and my life. I want to do better, but I don't always find "saturation" to be my portion. Sometimes it seems more like drops. When my world gets crazy, I often neglect the deeper drink from God's Word; sadly, those are often the times when I need it the most.

Great word today.

peace~elaine

Saleslady371 said...

This is such a great post. Oh, how I need God's Word every day. Everything we need is there!

LisaShaw said...

Saturate me LORD in Your word, will and way as I draw close to You and take the time to sit under the showering of Your presence in Jesus Name. Amen.