Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Saturday, May 2, 2009

"V" for VICTORY


Psalm 44:3
It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was Your right hand, Your arm, and the light of Your face, for You loved them.

Psalm 44:5-8
5 Through You we push back our enemies;

through Your Name we trample our foes.
6 I do not trust in my bow,

my sword does not bring me victory;
7 but You give us victory over our enemies,

You put our adversaries to shame.
8 In God we make our boast all day long,
and we will praise Your Name forever. Selah

Proverbs 21:30-31
30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan

that can succeed against the LORD.
31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle,

but victory rests with the LORD.

I've been trying to get this post up for the last two days. As I drove over the bridge to Ocean City, NJ for a Titus 2 meeting on Friday morning I saw this huge crane in the form of a "V". When I drove back over the bridge coming home the Lord said, " 'V' is for VICTORY!" So I grabbed the camera and shot through the window as I was driving - probably not a smart thing to do but there is no where to pull over on the newly constructed causeway heading back home. I had no idea if the "V" crane would turn out but this is what the Lord gave along with these Scriptures about Victory.

1 Corinthians 15:56-58
56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. [All Scripture emphasis added]

Oh, somebody reading this today will shout in Praise to our God over the VICTORY that God will bring! May it BE - as God has said!

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - The One I Worship]

7 comments:

Alleluiabelle said...

I LOVE this Stephanie. Our thoughts are running in the same direction today! How awesome is that: a picture of a V and God gave you His Word "Victory". To that I shout in Praise to our God over the VICTORY today and every day through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!

Love & Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Yolanda said...

What a comfort that He is the one that does so, takes a ton of pressure off of me, because the victory is totally in HIS hands.

Love,
Yolanda

Warren Baldwin said...

You have a perceptive eye!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I think of all of these, it's most comforting to me to know that "victory rests with the Lord."

There's something about those two words, victory-rest, that makes me able to sleep better tonight.

peace to you in your week~elaine

Beth Herring said...

This just spoke to me mightily!! I needed this today too!

The verse from 1 Corinithians was actually in my reading yesterday and it just jumped out at me again.

You are used in my life so much Stephanie. Thank you.

Unknown said...

You see with your heart.

LisaShaw said...

HALLELUJAH!!!

As I ministered on the phone to a precious woman today that was the word in my heart and on my lips: IN CHRIST YOU/WE HAVE THE VICTORY!!!

There is a peace that lacks human understanding that we receive when we truly embrace that TRUTH -- that we are victorious in Christ.

Bless you dear one. I pray you are feeling good. I love you.