Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, June 29, 2009

PARTICIPATION in the LIFE of GOD



*****************************************************
2 Peter 2 [The Message]
Don't Put It Off
3-4 Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God. The best invitation we ever received! We were also given absolutely terrific promises to pass on to you—your tickets to participation in the life of God after you turned your back on a world corrupted by lust.
5-9 So don't lose a minute in building on what you've been given, complementing your basic faith with good character, spiritual understanding, alert discipline, passionate patience, reverent wonder, warm friendliness, and generous love, each dimension fitting into and developing the others. With these qualities active and growing in your lives, no grass will grow under your feet, no day will pass without its reward as you mature in your experience of our Master Jesus. Without these qualities you can't see what's right before you, oblivious that your old sinful life has been wiped off the books.
10-11 So, friends, confirm God's invitation to you, His choice of you. Don't put it off; do it now. Do this, and you'll have your life on a firm footing, the streets paved and the way wide open into the eternal kingdom of our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ. [emphasis added]


**************************************

God's Word is full of instruction, warnings, food for daily living, and God's great and precious promises! Drink in all that is found here!


***************************
Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]

10 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Stephanie! Love this! The humming bird picture is the visual that I need! Blessings to you today!!
Hugs,
Susan

Alleluiabelle said...

My Dear Friend,

I so love His Word. It is beautiful to me. It's meaning for living life is so absolute. What God showed you to write about today, touches me deeply and sits well within my soul.

I love you dear friend,
Alleluiabelle

Beth Herring said...

I love His Word!

Edie said...

I'm drinking! I'm drinking! :)

Yolanda said...

Takin' a big GULP!

Love ya

Debra Kaye said...

Stephanie,

I'm drinking drinking drinking it in!

Blessings to you today!

Greg C said...

Hello, first time visitor here. I followed you over here from B's blog because I loved the comment about the little God messages. I get them a lot too. I think everyone does but so many people don't want to listen.

Loved this post and message.

Blessings,
Greg

LisaShaw said...

Hi Stephanie, I'm so glad I got over to visit with you. Loved this message and the WORD you shared.

I pray that you and your family are doing well in Jesus Name. Love and hugs dear sister.

LisaShaw said...

Praise the LORD! Making rounds to wish all my blogging friends a great 4th of July as we celebrate FREEDOM IN JESUS NAME!

Blessings and peace!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie! So good to catch up with you here. I so love your devotionals. I pray you have a wonderful 4th of July Weekend!!!