Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Beauty From WITHIN

1 Peter 3:3-5 (NLT)
3 Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. 4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. 5 This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They trusted God and
accepted the authority of their husbands. [Emphasis added]
*********************************************************
Meet Yuni! Her name is spelled another way in Spanish but this is how she writes it to me now. She is a beautiful young women who is married to a wonderful young man [one year now in December] named, Efrain. This young couple is another example of the work and love of our God!

Each of them had prayed earnestly for a mate - asking God to bring that person TO THEM. They had asked God to be specific - [similar to the fleece that Gideon put out] - and they began "courting" last April after God had brought them together and confirmed to each one [without the other knowing it] that this was the mate HE had chosen! This is truly another love story. Yuni and Efrain are expecting their first child right around my birthday this spring.
Yuni and I were stuck together like a pair of magnets during the entire conference. She and her husband are on the worship team in the Main Mexican church where we had our conference. She did some training where she was able to learn some English so she was able to communicate well with us [without another translator]. What a blessing she is - beautiful INSIDE and OUT! Yuni and Efrain have a desire to start a young couples Bible study in their church there in Tamazunchale, MX, with Julio and Lidia and several other young couples. This would be a 'first' in that church. Would you pray for them that God would open that door?

Yuni's husband teaches High School there in Mexico.... but...
Can you guess what Yuni does for a living?
I will give away something special to one of you who can come up with the correct answer.
Think about what her job is in life. I think you will be very surprised. I'll leave this open for comments for a few days and see what kinds of things you can guess that she does! Let's have fun with this.... and no cheating... if you already know because I've shared it elsewhere!

Choosing JOY, Stephanie

8 comments:

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Don't know what she does for a living, but am blessed to read about what God has done in her life throuh the power of prayer!!! Thanks for sharing the story of your pecious frends!
Wylie

Yolanda said...

Stephanie, I don't have any idea what Yuni would do, but it must be something f-u-n!!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Yolanda said...

Stephanie, you got me! Ok....a janitor at the school.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I have no idea, but she is so beautiful... perhaps a model or hairdresser:)

peace~elaine

Edie said...

I don't know either but I'm going to make a guess. Because you are making it sound like it is something unusual I am going to say she is a paid Prayer Warrior.

Beth Herring said...

My first thought about what Yuni does was a beautician. She has beautiful hair!

I am so glad that you shared their story with us. what a precious couple!

LisaShaw said...

Unsure what she does but enjoyed seeing both of your faces and reading about her.

Blessings dear sister.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

To prove to you how "strange" my brain sometimes filters things, last night I had a dream about Yuni and her job! I now know what she does...

She's a florist who goes out on safari in the wilds of Mexico picking (yes picking) poinsettias. I'm not kidding. Apparently, their rare in Mexico, hard to find in the fields.

I was so proud of myself for secretly discovering this when I awoke this morning. Couldn't wait to share it with you.

OK... maybe not a Samuel style of revelation, but funny nonetheless!

Got my card today, Stephanie; by far, the sweetest one to date. You were so kind to think of me this Christmas.

Love you, and tell Yuni, to find a good poinsettia for me this Christmas!

peace~elaine