Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, May 28, 2010

HOW BIG IS YOUR GOD?

Psalm 108
[The Message]

A David Prayer
1-2 I'm ready, God, so ready,

ready from head to toe.
Ready to sing, ready to raise a God-song: "Wake, soul! Wake, lute!
Wake up, you sleepyhead sun!"
3-6 I'm thanking You, God, out in the streets, singing Your praises in town and country.
The deeper Your love, the higher it goes;
every cloud's a flag to Your faithfulness. Soar high in the skies, O God!
Cover the whole earth with Your glory!
And for the sake of the one You love so much,
reach down and help me—answer me!
7 That's when God spoke in holy splendor: "Brimming over with joy…...."

I love how God will use anything - even the cover of another children's book - to speak His truth to my heart!

How big is YOUR TRUST in this HOLY GOD?

Choosing JOY, Stephanie

11 comments:

Cherie Hill said...

Thank you for this post today dear sister...it has convicted me and drawn me nearer to God's throne of grace. I LOVE coming to your page and viewing all the amazing pictures from your trip...it truly brightens my faith.
Much love and many prayers,
Cherie

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Received your beautiful note today in the mail... it means so very much to me. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your heart. My address will be changing in about 3 weeks, so I'll make sure everyone gets the new one.

peace~elaine

Warren Baldwin said...

Images of the greatness of God are everywhere we look, even a children's book!

And about that video on Family Fountain ... don't be afraid of writing your book and doing signings! Like anything else, there are some good ones and some not so good!

Beth Herring said...

oh, love this post today! we indeed serve a HUGE God.

My husband likes to say, "our GOD is large and in charge!"

KrippledWarrior said...

Excellent!
God is where you look for him.

Linda said...

Love your pictures! Beautiful post and I have so enjoyed your inspirational words.
God is amazing!!

trudi jane said...

oh yes God is so faithful, even yesterday i called out to Him in trouble and He saved me. kept me from harm. Faithful God :-)

craig-allison@comast.net said...

it only has to be as big as a mustard seed right??? :)....can't wait until we can get together and share.....great things over here!! missed looking over and seeing your face on Sunday :(

LisaShaw said...

Awesome message! I enjoyed this and I read the message above first and what a beautiful group of sisters in Christ! Beautiful time of sharing in the Word as well. ENJOY the LORD and one another.

You're a gift to the Kingdom Stephanie!

Love you.

prashant said...

.it has convicted me and drawn me nearer to God's throne of grace. I LOVE coming to your page and viewing all the amazing pictures from your trip...it truly brightens my faith.
Banner Advertising Network India

Nishant said...

.it truly brightens my faith.
Adsense Alternative