Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NESTING by Susy Brower


My Daughter-in-Law wrote this today......and we all cannot wait for Baby Girl AND JESUS to arrive on the scene!

NESTING
by Susy Brower
I am a nesting nut! Besides organizing the entire house, I have the baby's room decorated, clothes washed, bags packed, and even have the phone numbers ready to share the news. I am about as ready as I will ever be for this baby - and good thing for she is due in less than a week.
All this preparation makes me realize how I fall short in preparing for the Lord's return. Am I anticipating it like I should? Am I getting ready? If I were truly excited about it and expecting it to happen any day now, I would be getting the room ready (preparing my heart) washing the clothes (getting rid of sin) packing bags (storing treasures in heaven) and have the phone numbers ready (telling others about the news).

Ready for a baby!
Just like my baby could come any day (and she better come soon!) Jesus could come back any day. Are we nesting?


Matthew 24:42 NKJV - "Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
****************************************

She writes at WordPress:
Nesting
Susy February 22, 2011

5 comments:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Oh how beautiful ... what a blessing to await the arrival of a new baby girl!!!
Even more so ... to know HE is coming!!!
Blessings,
Bren

Crown of Beauty said...

Stephanie, this is a good post... the picture, the words - it helps the baby feel so welcome into the world. Surely the baby feels the love and the excitement too. And just the perfect analogy for the preparations we make for our bridegroom's return... congratulations on your... is this your ninth grandbaby?

Thanks for praying for Mighty Warrior...he really is such a big bundle of joy now... a miracle baby.

LOve
Lidj

Beth Herring said...

i love this! what a great post and what a great analagy -

He is coming!

Camille said...

Wonderful post! Congratulations on your little girl Susy! (I read the birth announcement post first). Your room is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Many blessings,
Camille

Anonymous said...

I love your insight about comparing having a baby, bein ready, to preparing us when Jesus returns.
I am a new friend to Stephanie.
God bless.
Carol Ann Strang, NJ