Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, July 2, 2007

Know TRUTH

  • God's Word (the Bible) is the basis for all truth.

Read that again and take it in. Truth has to come from somewhere or we can't know right from wrong. That statement is a fact that cannot be denied by those who trust God.

Those who don't know God - trust in themselves - or another person's thoughts - or their own mind - to present 'truth' but it only backfires against the word of God.

This passage of scripture has to be one of my favorites. I memorized it last year (though I'm a bit rusty now) as it's a tongue twister in the middle. It's no wonder that God says in these verses that His Word will not return empty (or void). No matter how we give it out - from our mouth, in a letter, on a photo, in a card, as a teacher, as a parent... no matter how it goes out - it has a purpose from GOD Himself - to perform in the lives of those who receive it!

  • Isaiah 55:8-11

8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,"declares the LORD. 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is My Word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. [emphasis mine]

  • KNOW THE WORD - share the TRUTH!
  • KNOW THE TRUTH - share the WORD!!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: