Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, August 13, 2007

Strength in Weakness



So many friends and family members are in distress this day... I wanted to write some verses about strength, weakness, peace and TRUST...Words of encouragement from God Himself!

Psalm 31:9-10

9 Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.
10 My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak.

  • Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart TRUSTS in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song. [emphasis mine]


  • Psalm 22:19
But You, O LORD, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me.
  • Psalm 59:9-10
O my Strength, I watch for You; You, O God, are my fortress, 10 my loving God. God will go before me and will let me gloat over those who slander me.
  • Ephesians 3:16
I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being...
  • 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
16May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
  • Isaiah 26:3 KJV

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee; because he trusts in Thee.

Choosing JOY (even in weakness),

Stephanie

No comments: