Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, September 7, 2007

Obedience

Can you tell I'm reading Genesis right now? I am studying it (again) in MSP and also in my own personal devotions.

This was my journal entry from yesterday...
  • Genesis 22:13-18
Jehovah Jireh

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."
15 The angel of the LORD called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, "I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me." [emphasis mine]


Abraham’s obedience to the LORD – proved life-giving to all who came after him. Do I ever stop to think about how my choices (in obedience or disobedience) might affect the next generations after me?

LORD, keep me sensitive to the feelings and needs of others. Make my heart full of compassion and grace but also keep it guarded and set apart for You - and only what You have for me.

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: