Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Out of Focus?

What do you think of when you hear the word "focus"? Has God been trying to get your attention to a place of focus on Him and His Word?

That's exactly the place He has brought me to in the last month or more. I am finding that, rather than fighting it with staying 'busy", I am trying to surrender to it. In doing so, God has been able to speak to me (so I listen), show me things (so I will follow) and teach me how to walk one day at a time - where He leads every step of my path. It's an awesome place to be. The peace of God has been the result. Here are just a few verses I want to share. What do you see?

  • John 16:29-33
29 Then Jesus' disciples said, "Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech. 30 Now we can see that You know all things and that You do not even need to have anyone ask You questions. This makes us believe that You came from God."
31 "You believe at last!"
Jesus answered. 32 "But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave Me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with Me.
33 "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." [emphasis mine]



  • Ephesians 1: 17-18
[Paul speaking]

17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. 18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints... [emphasis mine]


  • 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. [emphasis mine]


  • 2 Corinthians 2:14
14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. [ emphasis mine]


Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: