Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Saturday, November 17, 2007

Care of Widows

Today a few men came to my rescue [as God provided] to help with yard work. Some were friends from church - others I had never met - and many did not know each other - yet they were able to work together to accomplish all that had to be done... like the body of Christ was meant to function.

With five acres to care for and a riding mower on the fritz - I was in much need of help. They tackled ever project I gave them and all I had to do was feed them home cooked food [something I love to do]! God certainly cares for the widow and the orphan as HE has been so faithful to me over this last year especially!

  • Exodus 22:21-22
22 "Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. 23 If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry.
  • James 1:27
27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Thanks - to all those who have helped me over this last year - both before Bob's passing on to glory and after. God is faithful and Bob's last words keep ringing true: "God will provide"!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: