Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, November 19, 2007

Treasured Word

Get a little help from our friend Job... if he could believe God for God's best - how much more can we - who have the power source of Christ (His Holy Spirit) living within us?

  • Job 23:10-12

10 But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
11 My feet have closely followed His steps; I have kept to His way without turning aside.
12 I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my daily bread. [emphasis mine]


Do you and I treasure the words of God more than our daily intake of physical food?


  • Romans 5:2b-5

And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us. [emphasis mine]

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: