Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, March 31, 2008

Evaluation Day



Do you ever think of the new places that God is setting your feet? We (believers) are here on earth to claim our 'Promised Land' territories - just like those in the OT. God has places He has given us. Just like the Israelites of old, we must fight the enemy that stands on those areas of our life that God has already given us. The Israelites had to fight every single enemy to claim their promised land. Are you willing to fight for yours?

Joshua 1:3-9

3 I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. 4 Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Great Sea on the west. 5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." [emphasis mine]

Today is the last day of this month. I always pray differently on the last day of the month and on the first day of the next month. It's a time of reflection of what God has done, what He is doing right now, and what He intends to do in the future for His kingdom purposes.

On this last day of March look back and answer these questions:

  • Did I fail in my love and obedience to the LORD? (our obedience is proof of our love)
  • Did I give Him my all? (He doesn't want half-hearted souls or lukewarm soldiers)
  • Is my love relationship with Him stronger today than yesterday?
  • Have I asked forgiveness for my failures, repented and turned back to Him? (His mercies are new every morning)
  • What did God teach me these last few weeks that He wants me to establish as a permanent path in my life? (He doesn't teach us things for nothing)

Tomorrow is my birthday... yep, April Fool's Day!! It's also the 1st day of a new month giving hope of a new land to be conquered, a new area of our life to have victory. When tomorrow comes, read Psalm 25: 4-10 all over again. Can you then check off these bullet points?

  • I learned something new about myself and about my God.

  • I obeyed what God was asking of me.

  • My obedience brought great blessing to my life.

  • I know & love my God even more than I did yesterday!

  • I spent more time in prayer and praise to my God!

  • My God is an Awesome God, worthy to be praised and magnified!

Jeremiah 29:10-14

10 This is what the LORD says: "When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill My gracious promise to bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity." [emphasis mine]

May we be found faithful in our love for Him as He is always faithful in His love for us!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: