Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Lips Shall Speak


After spending an incredible weekend with the LORD and with the women from Christ Community Church, the LORD brought back these verses today. My life has gone from the "pit" - to the "ROCK" - to TRUST - to His Word - to Speaking - to Praise. God is faithful in all His ways!

Psalm 40:1-4a, 8-10

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
He turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,

out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,

a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the man

who makes the LORD his trust...

8 I desire to do Your will, O my God;

Your law is within my heart."
9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly;

I do not seal my lips,
as you know, O LORD.
10 I do not hide Your righteousness in my heart;

I speak of Your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal Your love and Your truth
from the great assembly. [emphasis mine]


Praise God and on Him cast your care.,
O praise Him, O praise Him,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah!

Let all things their Creator bless,
and worship Him in humbleness,
O praise Him, O praise Him,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: