Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, April 25, 2008

TRUST - OBEY - PRAISE


Psalm 25:1-5
1To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
2 in You I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.
3 No one whose hope is in You
will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame
who are treacherous without excuse.
4 Show me Your ways, O LORD,
teach me Your paths;
5 guide me in Your truth and teach me,
for You are God my Savior,
and my hope is in You all day long.

Psalm 55
(selected)
1 Listen to my prayer, O God,
do not ignore my plea;
6 I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest-
7 I would flee far away
and stay in the desert; Selah
18 He ransoms me unharmed
from the battle waged against me,
even though many oppose me.

Psalm 85
(selected)
9 Surely His salvation is near those who fear Him,
that His glory may dwell in our land.
10 Love and faithfulness meet together;
righteousness and peace kiss each other.
11 Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,
and righteousness looks down from heaven.
12 The LORD will indeed give what is good,
and our land will yield its harvest.
13 Righteousness goes before him
and prepares the way for his steps.

Psalm 115:1,18

1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us
but to Your Name be the glory,
because of Your love and faithfulness.
18 It is we who extol the LORD,
both now and forevermore.
Praise the LORD. [emphasis mine on all scripture]

Choosing JOY in The Desert of Waiting.........Day 15 of 40

Stephanie

No comments: