Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Our DEFENDER



Has there been someone who has come against you? Gossip, slander, selfish talk? Has someone come against your Pastor or Elders without cause? God calls us to be still, to put on our armor and stand. Take comfort in the refuge of the shadow of His wings - and sing for joy that you have One who gives comfort and assurance that HE (alone) will defend the honor of who we are in Christ.



Psalm 23
A psalm of David.


1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,

He leads me beside quiet waters,
3 He restores my soul.

He guides me in paths of righteousness
for His Name's sake.
4 Even though I walk

through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me

in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and [mercy] love will follow me

all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Psalm 83 (selected)

1 O God, do not keep silent;
be not quiet, O God, be not still.
See how Your enemies are astir,

how Your foes rear their heads.
3 With cunning they conspire against Your people;

they plot against those You cherish.
16 Cover their faces with shame

so that men will seek Your Name, O LORD.
17 May they ever be ashamed and dismayed;

may they perish in disgrace.
18 Let them know that You, whose Name is the LORD—

that You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Pray for mercy for those who come against God's anointed. Only God knows their hearts and ours. May our hearts be ever pure before Him in all that we say and do.


Psalm 19:14

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to You, O Lord,
my Rock and my Redeemer!


Chorus: When Praise Demands a Sacrifice
words and music by Russell Mauldin and Sue C. Smith
*********
When praise demands a sacrifice…I’ll worship even then
Surrendering the dearest things in life
And if devotion costs me all
He’ll find me faithful to His call
When praise demands a sacrifice...
I'll Worship...



Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: