Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, April 21, 2008

The WORD Endures


***************************************


How often do you read and ponder Psalm 119? Perhaps it's a Psalm you avoid because of its length - with 176 verses as its content. Have you ever wondered why that Psalm is so long? One answer can be found in a New Testament passage [1 Peter] - but you will discover the reason when you read the [entire] Psalm for yourself.

1 Peter 1:24-25

24 For, "All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the Word of the Lord [endures] forever."
And this is the Word that was preached to you.
**********************************
Psalm 119:97-112 (selected)


The Love of God’s Word


Oh, how I love Your instructions!
I think about them all day long.
Your commands … are my constant guide.
Yes, I have more insight than my teachers,
for I am always thinking of Your laws.
I am even wiser than my elders,
for I have kept Your commandments.
I have refused to walk on any evil path,
so that I may remain obedient to Your Word.
I haven’t turned away from Your regulations,
for You have taught me well.
How sweet Your words taste to me;
they are sweeter than honey.
Your commandments give me understanding;
no wonder I hate every false way of life.
Your Word is a lamp to guide my feet
and a light for my path.
I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again:
I will obey Your righteous regulations.
I have suffered much, O Lord;
restore my life again as You promised.
Lord, accept my offering of praise,
and teach me Your regulations.
My life constantly hangs in the balance,
but I will not stop obeying Your instructions.
Your laws are my treasure;
they are my heart’s delight.
I am determined to keep Your decrees
to the very end.
[all emphasis mine]

May it be a Psalm that will remain on your heart and life forever.

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: