Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, May 9, 2008

A NEW THING


What NEW THING is God doing in your life right now - this very moment - in your heart - as He draws you deeper in relationship to Himself?

Isaiah 43 (selected)
1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
..."Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are Mine.
18 "Forget the former things
do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
20... I provide water in the desert
and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to My people, My chosen,
21 the people I formed for Myself
that they may proclaim My praise. [emphasis added]


God began a new thing in my life 2 years ago when He spoke to me afresh on May 11th, 2006. Fortunately, I was paying attention to His voice. He then took me and my family on a journey with Him that has been a "TRUST & OBEY" adventure ever since.

Does God want to do a "new thing" in your life today? Are you paying attention to His voice? Seeking Him with all your heart in His Word, praying, allowing the Holy Spirit who lives within you - to burst forth in fresh faith? Will you surrender to His plans and His Ways? Will you allow Him to complete the "new thing" He wants to start in you?

Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. [emphasis added]

May the promise of this very passage be yours today as you trust and obey Him for every good and perfect gift from above.

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: