Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Sunday, July 13, 2008

Burned - But NOT

Late yesterday I was badly burned [after heating something 3X hotter than the instructions called for]. It splattered on both of my hands but my right hand was the worst on my palm and side of that hand.

I called [more like screamed] out to the LORD who is my HELP. [I had been studying all day - Psalm 124 - a Psalm about God's HELP]. I was in so much pain that when I took the ice off of it I felt like I would pass out - yet in the midst of all of it - I felt God's peace, calm and HIS HELP. He talked me through what I should do.

As I went to bed with my hand all bandaged - the throbbing pain was non-stop. It was hard to find a comfortable place to rest it. But as I read my nightly Bible readings (with my left hand) - praying continually - I felt God's HELP. I finished reading - turned off the light and fell asleep. When I woke this morning - there was no pain - none. The LORD knew I was teaching a class this morning and had to drive (stick shift with my right hand) forty minutes to a different church.

I just now removed the bandage for the first time. My hand is a little wrinkly and there are a few small blisters - but so far nothing major. I burned my hand 20 years ago and it took 3 weeks for the pain to leave and the skin to heal.

The Pastor preached from these verses [below] today at the church where I was teaching a ladies class. God's Word is alive! The [above] were my circumstances - but the Word [below] - is WHO MY GOD IS and what God does ! He spoke personally to me today and this was just one of the many passages in which He revealed Himself.

Isaiah 43 [selected verses]
Israel's Only Savior

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
He who created you, O Jacob,
He who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; [Stephanie means 'Crown'] you are Mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,

I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD, your God,

the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.
5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe Me
and understand that I am He.
Before Me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after Me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD,

and apart from Me there is no savior.
12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—

I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God. [emphasis mine]

PRAISING HIM ETERNALLY!

Choosing GREAT JOY,

Stephanie
[Trusting God's Heart]

1 comment:

Much4Him said...

Praise GOD for his healing mercy in your life in all of His facets!