Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, July 11, 2008

WAITING with PATIENCE...

In my morning prayer time with the LORD each day I've been reading the Psalms along with a new book called The Treasury of God's Virtues. God found it for me at a festival in Townbank last Saturday in the book fair section. It cost me one dollar... now one of the most valuable books I own! This morning I was reading all about PATIENCE. Over and over God has been showing me that "waiting" is connected to my "faith" (I read about FAITH yesterday) AND that in waiting - God desires to build character in us - His character. He is also teaching me that in waiting (patiently) He is preparing me for what I will become. Since we live by faith - we live in the hope of our future - with enough manna and grace for today. It's no wonder He is teaching and preparing me to live out - what I will become. I used to jump in and say, "I see it, LORD, [what He's holding out in front] I'm ready, let's go, let's do it." But now... I see that some things I am not yet ready to take hold of because I must grow into those positions or places that He has for me. He must build character in me first. And with me - that may take a while. How about you?

Romans 5:3-4 NLT
Faith Brings Joy
1 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. 2 Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance [patience]. 4 And endurance [patience] develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.


Then we can say with Job: "Though He slay me, yet will I wait for [trust] Him."

Choosing JOY,


Stephanie
[Trusting God's Heart]

No comments: