Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Wednesday, August 27, 2008

CLOSENESS

Yesterday the LORD covered me with His wings and showed me how close He is with me. Today He has revealed how closely the enemy follows behind, unrelenting, not wanting to give up his efforts to cause fear and devastation.

The photo was taken this morning as I sat on my front porch drinking a cup of tea having my quiet time with the LORD. This is what killed Louie (my pet goose) on Monday this week. God has been gracious to bring conclusion. I had the police here and they instructed me to call Fish and Game control today. A neighbor said this RED FOX - a female adult - has been hanging around for the last week or so.

The enemy of our soul wants us to live in fear - but God wants us to trust in His plans and paths - as He is working to bring good from all circumstances. The verses that the LORD gave me earlier before sighting this fox were these.

How close are you to the LORD today - how close is the enemy in pursuit of you? Do not be discouraged - do not be afraid!

Psalm 37: 1-11
1 Do not fret because of evil men
or be envious of those who do wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.
3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in Him and He will do this:
6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.
9 For evil men will be cut off,
but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
10 A little while, and the wicked will be no more;
though you look for them, they will not be found.
11 But the meek will inherit the land
and enjoy great peace.

Psalm 3:2-4
A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
1 O LORD, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
2 Many are saying of me,
"God will not deliver him."
Selah
3 But You are a shield around me, O LORD;
You bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
4 To the LORD I cry aloud,
and He answers me from His holy hill.

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.
Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

1 comment:

Patrinas Pencil said...

"but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land."


Can't believe that this has no comments - must have been before you had readers!!

Thanks for sharing this. I loved the vs above. It speaks into my situation here and NOW. My HOPE is in the Lord and it will be because of HIM that I plunder the enemy's squatter's right - and subdue the promised land - as promised in scripture.

Yeah GOD!!! He goes before me and paved the way. He removed obstacles like they were mere stones. He moves mountains and spreads wide the valleys of my soul to recive His wisdom and His TRUTH for the day. I am HIs and He is MINE. I need not fear or fret - He has it all in the palm of HIs hands - because he careth for me!! He is concerned about everything that concerns me. AMEN

Hugs, Patrina <")>><
His watchman on the wall