Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Friday, August 29, 2008

GOD'S STRENGTH


I just finished reading my son-in-law's Blog post today entitled: Waiting Patiently. I have been doing that for a long time now and today the LORD showed me how much He's been teaching me in that process of waiting - especially waiting patiently!But today the LORD's word for me was:
STRENGTH
Not mine, but HIS strength - HIS power - HIS Might!
............................................................................
Psalm 29
1 Ascribe to the LORD, O mighty ones,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His Name;
worship the LORD in the splendor of His Holiness.
10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
the LORD is enthroned as King forever.
11 The LORD gives strength to His people;
the LORD blesses His people with peace.

Psalm 59:9a
9 O my Strength, I watch for You;
You, O God, are my Fortress, 10 my Loving God.
God will go before me...

Psalm 89
15 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim You,
who walk in the light of Your Presence, O LORD.
16 They rejoice in Your Name all day long;
they exult in Your righteousness.
17 For You are their glory and strength,
and by Your favor You exalt our horn.
21 My Hand will sustain him [you and me];
surely My arm will strengthen him.

Psalm 21:13
Be exalted, O LORD, in Your strength;
we will sing and praise Your might.
[all scripture emphasis mine]

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie

No comments: