Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Sunday, August 31, 2008

THY WORD


God's Word for the Day is: COMPASSION
Psalm 119 [selected]

y Yodh
73 Your hands made me and formed me;
give me understanding to learn Your commands.
74 May those who fear You rejoice when they see me,
for I have put my hope in Your Word.
75 I know, O LORD, that Your laws are righteous,
and in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
76 May Your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to Your promise to Your servant.
77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live,
for Your law is my delight.

k Kaph
88 Preserve my life according to Your love,
and I will obey the statutes of Your mouth.

l Lamedh
89 Your word, O LORD, is eternal;
it stands firm in the heavens.
90 Your faithfulness continues through all generations;
You established the earth, and it endures.
91 Your laws endure to this day,
for all things serve You.
92 If Your law had not been my delight,
I would have perished in my affliction.
93 I will never forget Your precepts,
for by them You have preserved my life.

m Mem
97 Oh, how I love Your law! I
meditate on it all day long.
98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are ever with me.
99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
for I meditate on Your statutes.
100 I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey Your precepts.
101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
so that I might obey Your word.

102 I have not departed from Your laws,
for You Yourself have taught me.
MY TEACHER IS: YAH
n Nun
105 Your Word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
111 Your statutes are my heritage forever;
they are the joy of my heart.
112 My heart is set on keeping Your decrees
to the very end.

God's mercies and compassions are new new every morning... are ours?
Meditate upon His Word today and then respond in complete obedience!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[The Shepherd's Staff]

No comments: