Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, September 22, 2008

Through the DOOR


As I was reading my Bible early this morning the LORD directed me to 1 Peter where I read again that very familiar passage - the same one that my husband, Bob, claimed over his life right after he was diagnosed with cancer in 2001. It became a reality for him as he is now in heaven with his salvation made complete.
Later in the morning I was reading a book about faith and Peter's name came up. The book described Peter's life - one of flaws and failure and wrong choices, and then showed what he became when he was transformed by the Living Resurrected Christ.
It made me ponder what my life would be like today without the transforming power of Christ. It reminded me of when I have made wrong choices - and the long road back - with consequences in tow that hovered like a thick cloud. Then - I remembered making a conscious choice to follow hard after Christ - daily - taking up my cross - choosing to please only HIM - not myself - not others - just HIM! It made all the difference! How about you? It's never too late to choose to walk daily with Christ - never too late to choose HIS WAY over your own - never too late to experience HIS transforming power in your life! What is it that hinders you?

1 Peter 1: 3-9
Praise to God for a Living Hope
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8 Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. [emphasis mine]

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Revelation 3:20
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me. [emphasis mine]

May we feast together at the LORD'S Table!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[Led Home by the Shepherd]

No comments: