Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Wednesday, September 24, 2008

TO HIMSELF - One Year Later



A year ago today - I knelt down beside my bed and committed my life [with the LORD] to full-time "ministry". I had felt the LORD'S call to that -and wholeheartedly pledged myself to Him. At that time I wrote some things down and tucked them into my treasure box and asked the LORD whether or not I should tell my Pastor or the elders about my commitment. The LORD spoke this to my heart, "I hear your prayer of commitment to 'ministry' and I know you mean what you say, but you really have no clue what ministry is or what it will entail. So I will show you. I do not call you to a 'task', nor to 'do' anything. First and above all, I call you to 'MYSELF'. Once you understand that - we can move on in all that I have called you to."

Over the past year the LORD has shown me that ministry means HIMSELF - before anything else. When I allow HIM to pour HIMSELF into me through prayer and His Word - then I have something to pour out - but only then. If I do not spend time with HIM - I have nothing to give. If I attempt to give of myself [without Him] then what I give is useless. But if I fill myself with HIM - then everything that pours out of me is the overflow of HIM - and not me!

The LORD told me that life with Him would be an adventure. He bought me a pair of hiking boots this week and as I trotted off the teach Bible study early this morning I wore the boots for the first time. I guess I'm now ready!

Last night the LORD gave me this 1st Scripture - and then again this morning.

1 Peter 2:21
To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps.

At 1:30am He awakened me - I got up got some water and went back to bed. It was 1:32am. I looked at the numbers on the clock and heard God whisper, "Those are the two Psalms I have for you to read in the morning when you awake.

Psalm 130:1-5
A song of ascents.
About HOPE
1 Out of the depths I cry to You, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice.

Let Your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.
3 If You, O LORD, kept a record of sins,

O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with You there is forgiveness;

therefore You are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,

and in His word I put my hope.

Psalm 132
A song of ascents.
About OBEDIENCE
1 O LORD, remember David
and all the hardships he endured.
2 He swore an oath to the LORD

and made a vow to the Mighty One of Jacob:
3 "I will not enter my house

or go to my bed-
4 I will allow no sleep to my eyes,

no slumber to my eyelids,
5 till I find a place for the LORD,

a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
6 We heard it in Ephrathah,

we came upon it in the fields of Jaar:
7 "Let us go to His dwelling place;

let us worship at His footstool-
8 arise, O LORD, and come to Your resting place,

You and the ark of Your might.
9 May your priests be clothed with righteousness;

may Your saints sing for joy."
10 For the sake of David Your servant,

do not reject Your anointed one.
11 The LORD swore an oath to David,

a sure oath that He will not revoke:
"One of your own descendants
I will place on your throne-
12 if your sons keep my covenant

and the statutes I teach them,
then their sons will sit
on your throne for ever and ever."
13 For the LORD has chosen Zion,

He has desired it for His dwelling:
14 "This is my resting place for ever and ever;

here I will sit enthroned, for I have desired it-
15 I will bless her with abundant provisions;

her poor will I satisfy with food.
16 I will clothe her priests with salvation,

and her saints will ever sing for joy.
17 "Here I will make a horn grow for David

and set up a lamp for my anointed one.
18 I will clothe his enemies with shame,

but the crown on his head will be resplendent." [all emphasis mine]

The LORD spoke to my heart after reading both of these Psalms. He showed me that over the last year [and longer] I have lived my life each day - in HOPE [Psalm 130] - of Who He IS and what He can do - and all the promises He holds out for me here on earth.

He showed me from [Psalm 132] that living IN HOPE - can only be done through total obedience to His Will, to His Word, and to His plan - for what HE is doing for His kingdom purposes. It really had nothing to do with me - it's what He's doing that will bring Him glory. He has invited me [and you] to participate in all of it. As a result I [we] get to share in the glory and all the splendor of Who God Is!! There is no greater reward!

As I was preparing to publish this blog Point of Grace new CD played this song . The song is called BECAUSE YOU ARE and here are just a few of the words that spoke to my heart:

You are I AM - and I am - because YOU ARE
Holy, unbreadkable, infinite God
Every unchanging in all that You are
Light of the World and the sun and the stars
You are I AM
and I am
because YOU ARE!

Choosing JOY in the journey,

Stephanie
[Led home by the Shepherd]
[Shepherd's Walk = The Sanctuary at Sweetbriar = Dedication of God's Dwelling Place = Earth is His Footstool]

No comments: