Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Monday, October 27, 2008

CONFIDENCE


Where is your CONFIDENCE?

Jeremiah 17 (selected)
7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,

whose confidence is in Him.
8 He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."

Psalm 71:5-6
5 For You have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.
6 From birth I have relied on You; You brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise You.

Psalm 27:13-14
13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

2 Corinthians 3:3-5
3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone
but on tablets of human hearts.
4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. [all Scripture emphasis added]

I am so glad that we don't have to depend upon men or machines or any other thing except God to carry out His divine purposes. We have confidence in Him alone! He is GOD! Nothing He plans can be thwarted!
Caution: Cardinal Crossing!
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[Led Home by the Shepherd]

No comments: