Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Thursday, October 16, 2008

MY SECURITY BLANKET

Psalm 16:5-9
5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
You have made my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because He is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure...

Psalm 46:10-11
10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations [heathen],
I will be exalted in the earth."
11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Selah

Jeremiah 33:6-7
6 " 'Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal My people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. 7 I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity and will rebuild them as they were before.

Job 11:17-19
17 Life will be brighter than noonday,
and darkness will become like morning.
18 You will be secure, because there is hope;
you will look about you and take your rest in safety.
19 You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid,
and many will court your favor.

Psalm 48:8-9
8 As we have heard,
so have we seen
in the city of the LORD Almighty,
in the city of our God:
God makes her secure forever.
Selah
9 Within Your temple, O God,
we meditate on Your unfailing love. [all Scripture emphasis added]

In the Presence of our God and King - we are SECURE!
Praise Him - the Name of Jesus!

Choosing JOY,

Stephanie
[Led Home by the Shepherd]
PHOTO = Another "Cologne Avenue" Sunset

No comments: