8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven, and do not return to it
without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is My word that goes out from My mouth:
It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. [emphasis added]
Here in New Jersey today, we have some snow again. In fact, every Tuesday for the last 3 weeks we have had snow. I am forever asking the LORD to bring the snow.
It reminds me of:
- His love as a blanket of warmth in the cold surroundings
- the purity found in His forgiveness of my sin
- our new life in Christ
- the new mercies He gives every morning
- the cleanness of my heart that was washed by the blood
- that God is making all things new,
- the wonder of how one tiny snowflake can contribute its part when it sticks together with another to form such a breathtaking landscape of purity
- that God's thoughts and ways are beyond my tracing out - yet they always have purpose
[Flying High with the Most High]