Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Sunday, February 1, 2009

This Watchful Heart




*************************************************************
I wrote this poem last summer based on: Psalms 120-135 - the songs of ascent / Exodus 13,14 &15 /and a song called: Behold the Throne of God Above. I'm standing on the Promises of God - waiting and watching with a believing heart - to see what God will go and do!

*************************************************************
THIS WATCHFUL HEART
by Stephanie K. Brower @2008

All around me things unfold
Details of His Hand, I’m told.

I search and dig and pull apart,
What He reveals to this watchful heart.

Clues are found in His Holy Book,
My readings daily, I’ve not forsook.

The Psalms begin my early climb,
To claim whatever my heart will find.

“Guard your heart”, or “ Trust My commands”,
Are the warning signs of His demands.

“Be careful, lest you stumble or fall,
And bid My help, and on Me call.”

Words of a song that sail on the wind,
Details given, to keep me from sin.

A pair of hummingbirds in mid-air dance,
May be my sign for taking a chance.

To take a risk when none would dare,
To trust God’s heart and find Him there!

His love abounds as the flowers bloom,
Turning night into day, and joy from gloom.

This watchful heart is ever waiting,
God’s Presence alone, my heart is baiting.

To draw Him close and ever so near,
Will rid my mind and thoughts of fear.

He leads the way, as my feet stand firm,
Upon this ROCK, with every turn.

He bids me “stop”, or “wait”, or “Come”,
Assuring my heart; I won’t be undone!

My life is hid’n with Him on high,
In every detail He draws me nigh.

One with Himself I cannot die,
My life is hid’n with Christ on High!

Written: July 26, 2008

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[Flying High]

No comments: