Believing the Promises of God - in His Word

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed… Without weakening in his faith… Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. ~ Romans 4 [selected 18-21]



Saturday, December 19, 2009

JUST A LITTLE LIGHTER PLEASE


Matthew 11: 28-30
The Message
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
************************
Psalm 68:19
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. ................Selah

Are you 'bogged down' this Christmas? Are there burdens you are carrying that are too heavy for your own strength?

What burdens are you carrying today?

Guilt?
Busyness?
Family Matters?
Financial Troubles?
Work Issues?
Health Problems?
School Issues?
A Sick Relative?
Death of a loved one?

You were never meant to lift them or carry them yourself. We have a Savior and a Lord who takes them for us!

There is freedom when we "LET GO and LET GOD!"

Choosing JOY, Stephanie

6 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Stephanie,

It's been awhile since I've written. I like this post and the reminder here. I am feeling really good about Christmas, and the preparations. I have my two aunts coming all the way to England to visit for about a week. That will add 2 more to our family of 7 to prepare meals for. I am looking forward to it, but will you pray for me. I want to show them both the love of Christ through me and not feel tired, worn out, impatient, yada, yada, yada.

Have a wonderfully blessed Christmas.

Carol

Beth Herring said...

My sweet friend. I am determined more than ever this year to keep the stress out and keep Jesus at the forefront of my days! We get too caught up in the 'hows' of CHristmas instead of in the 'whys' of Christmas.

I love you so much!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I am a first time visitor tonight. I've seen your comments on several other blogs and was drawn to 'visit' you. This is a beautiful page, the name 'truthsharer'... that's what I want to be also. I love your comments and the scripture.
I'll be back to visit soon.

Blessings!

Sonja

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Thank you, Jesus!!!! Hallelujah!!!
Wylie

Yolanda said...

Stephanie,

AMEN! Much love to you as Christmas draws near, less than a week. PRAISE HIS NAME!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

People.

That's my burden, along with the accompanying feelings I'm experiencing right now.

Sure wish I had some girl time away with some soul sisters; I could use a change of pace.

So thankful for the Burden-lifter of my heart!

peace~elaine